Monday, April 30, 2012

Last week, the teachear presented a new topic "motivation," and he gave us a definition about what motivation is. Here is an aticle where I found the definition that he gave us http://www.teflcorp.com/articles/77-tefl-motivation-in-the-classroom/242-motivation-in-the-classroom.htm. I read it, and I found the article interesting. There are four types of motivation. The first one is integrative motivation. When students want to learn a language to become part of a speech community (integrate). People who immigrate to new countries are some examples of people who may want to identify with the community around them. An important aspect of this form of language learning is using language for social interaction. This form of motivation is thought to produce success in language learners. The secong one is instrumental motivation. Wanting to learn a language for the purpose of obtaining some concrete goals such as a job, graduation, or the ability to read academic materials. This form of motivation is thought to be less likely to lead to success than integrative motivation. The third one is intrinsic motivation. Intrinsic motivation refers to motivation that comes from inside an individual rather than from any external or outside rewards, such as money or grades.The motivation comes from the pleasure one gets from the task itself or from the sense of satisfaction in completing or even working on a task. And the last one is extrinsic motivation. Extrinsic motivation is when I am motivated by external factors, as opposed to the internal drivers of intrinsic motivation. Extrinsic motivation drives me to do things for tangible rewards or pressures, rather than for the fun of it. When I do something, I have to explain why I do it. If I am being rewarded extrinsically for doing it, then I can explain to myself that I am doing it for the reward. In this way, rewards can decrease internal motivation as people work to gain the reward rather than because they like doing the work or believe it is a good thing to do. In effect, extrinsic motivations can change a pleasurable into work. I will concluded with these: 


The creator gathered all of the creation and said, "I want to hide something from the humans until they are Ready for it.
The eagle said, "Give it to me, I will take it to the moon."
The creator said, "No. One day they will go there and find it."
The salmon said, "I will hide it on the bottom of the ocean." "No. They will go there too."
The buffalo said, "I will bury it on the Great Plains."
Then Grand-mother Mole, who lives in the breast of Mother Earth, and who has no physical eyes but sees with spiritual eyes, said, "Put it inside them." And the creator said, " it is done." 


I read it a lot of times, and I realized that I can do whatever I want. I just need to believe in myself, and also find the things that can motivate me to reach my goals.






No comments:

Post a Comment